What to do if your ex is living with someone elseStrongwood
Do you feel that your ex-partner has thrown herself into a new relationship and is now living with someone else? She's lying about this and you're still paying spousal support? It can be hard to accept this and get to the truth. But don't worry, there is still hope! The solution is in one private detective. In this blog we share seven reasons why a private investigator is your best option in this situation. Read on quick!
7 reasons why a private investigator is the best option when you suspect your ex is living with someone else
A private investigator is the best option if you suspect your ex is living with someone else and you are still paying spousal support because:
- A private detective has a duty of confidentiality. If you go to a lawyer or a mediator, there is always a chance that your research will become known immediately. This can cause problems, especially if a lot of money is involved. However, a private investigator will always remain anonymous and can therefore conduct discreet investigations.
- A private investigator has access to experience and sometimes certain resources. For example, they have access to databases and information that are not accessible to everyone.
- A private investigator specializes in recovering information. They know exactly what to do to find out where someone lives, what financial accounts they have and what cars they use. All of this information is essential to determine if your ex is living with someone else.
- A private investigator has the right skills to track a person effectively and efficiently. They are trained in observation.
- A private investigator is skilled on Social media. For example, they are aware of certain internet tools to find information.
- A private investigator can help you collect evidence for a court case. If you decide to file a lawsuit against your ex over their cohabitation situation, it is important that you gather all relevant evidence. A private investigator can help you with this by providing photos, testimonials and other material that can be used as evidence in the court case.
- A private investigator can reduce the stress and time spent on the investigation. By conducting a professional investigation, they can help you get answers to your questions quickly and save you a lot of time and energy.
What are the approximate costs for a spousal maintenance investigation?
According to recent research, 1 in 3 Dutch people who are divorcing call on a private detective. This is mainly due to the suspicion that the other party is now living together again. In this article, we'll show you why a private investigator is the best option in this kind of situation.
The costs of a spousal maintenance investigation differ per detective agency, but the costs average between € 3,500 and as high as € 89,500. However, we use simple prices. Such as € 2,999 for the preliminary investigation and depending on the amount of spousal maintenance a fixed price (never pay partner alimony for more than one year!) including preparation, execution and reporting.
How do I lower my spousal support with a report from a detective agency?
If the private investigator indeed proves that your ex is living with someone else, you can submit this report to the court. The lawyer almost always makes this choice for you. It may be that the latter will first send a letter to the ex-partner stating that spousal maintenance will end, or that he will go directly to court.
Can I recover the costs of the investigation from my ex-partner?
Yes, you can recover the costs of a private investigator from your ex-partner. This can be done through the courts or in some cases also outside the courts, for example by engaging a lawyer or mediator. In practice, the costs of the investigation are usually divided between the two parties.
What should I pay attention to when hiring a private investigator?
If you suspect your ex is living with someone else, it is hiring a private detective the best option. However, there are a few things to keep in mind when hiring a private investigator:
- Make sure the detective you hire is certified and properly licensed. This is important because there are many detectives who are not certified. Oh yes, our permit number is POB809 - that saves asking another question 😉 .
- Inquire about private investigator rates before signing a contract. Some charge astronomical amounts, so it's important to ask well.
- Make sure the detective you hire is discreet and careful with your personal information. Some detectives are less discreet than others, so it's important to talk about this beforehand.
- Discuss with the detective how you will receive the results of their investigation. Ask if they will report on what they did and if you can get an official document that can be used as evidence in court.
- Always ask how much experience they have in this type of spousal support investigation.